An emergency lifeline to support residents whose financial situation has been seriously affected by the current pandemic has been launched by West Devon Borough Council, in association with Devon County Council.
The Covid19 Welfare Support Fund will provide small emergency payments to help residents who have no money for even the most basic household essentials with necessities such as food, basic household items, essential travel or utility payments.
Residents may be eligible for the short term support due to a fall in their disposal income, if:
- They run their own business, and cannot currently trade.
- Their business has been drastically reduced because of the Pandemic.
- Their employment situation has changed and their income no longer covers their needs
- They have lost their job due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
- They have still not received expected Government funding (self-employed).
If you are a resident and have been affected financially by Coronavirus (COVID-19), and can demonstrate a need for immediate short-term financial help, you can apply for a grant by completing a simple online application form on the links below.
If you need help and don’t have access to a computer, please call the Council from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on: 01803 861407