All regular meetings commence at 7.30pm, all other meetings will be called when required.
The Annual Parish Meeting is held between 1st March and 1st June. In 2022 this was held on the 23rd of May 2022 7.30pm in Whiddon Down Village Hall.
Councillors’ Conduct and Interests – the Nolan principles
The seven Nolan principles apply to the conduct of people in public life.They are listed below.
- Selflessness – you should act in the public interest.
- Integrity – you should not put yourself under any obligations to others, allow them improperly to influence you or seek benefit for yourself, family, friends or close associates.
- Objectivity – you should act impartially, fairly and on merit.
- Accountability – you should be prepared to submit to public scrutiny necessary to ensure accountability.
- Openness – you should be open and transparent in your actions and decisions unless there are clear and lawful reasons for non-disclosure.
- Honesty – you should always be truthful.
- Leadership – as a councillor, you should promote, support and exhibit high standards of conduct and be willing to challenge poor behaviour.